About Me

My photo
I embarked on my tea journey when I studied abroad in China in 2008 and traveled around Taiwan that summer. I'm here to share my experiences and offer my own opinion, advice, and comments on tea.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sickness

Ugh, I hate being sick ... because I don't really enjoy tea as much when I'm preoccupied with all the sniffling, coughing, and all the other nastiness that comes with the common cold. Also, I'm afraid that a coughing fit will hit when I'm holding a teapot, and lose of control might lead to unfortunate accidents. Tea has been touted, both in modern and ancient times, as something that can cure sickness, but I don't think I could really enjoy tea like this.

Also, the cough drops I'm popping would definitely mess with the taste of whatever I'm drinking.

*addendum*
Okay, so I wrote a new entry...and it's completely gone for some reason...sorry if you were checking in on the new entry, folks.

4 comments:

Zero the Hero said...

Man, I can sympathize with you. I can't taste tea for shit when I'm sick! At least your new pu-erh hasn't arrived yet...get well soon.

Maitre_Tea said...

Thanks, and if my new pu-erh were here while I was sick, I would be suffering some serious mental anguish. I think I'm doing better, but although I have some samples from people that I really should be drinking, this cold is definitely going to mess with my judgment. Hopefully I'll get better by the time my pu-erh gets here

Geoffrey Kutnick said...

Hello,

I was looking through your blog and was wondering if you accept press releases? We have some information regarding a new portable tea brewing product we would love to send you. Look forward to hearing you.

Regards,
Geoffrey Kutnick
geoff@kreislermediagroup.com

Will said...

I like to drink stuff that's comforting, strong-flavored, somewhat one-dimensional, and easy to enjoy when I'm sick and can't smell / taste well. Hong cha, really high-oxidation oolongs like Oriental Beauty, cooked pu'er.

I don't find it that enjoyable to drink tea when I'm sick, but if I don't, I know I'll get a caffeine withdrawal headache, so...

Maybe some ku ding cha will fix you up if you're not already better.